General Disclaimer & Web Usage
Marvin W Nickel is a Certified Financial Planner® and a Chartered Investment Manager®. Marvin is an Investment Representative for Sentinel Financial Management Corp. Marvin is also a Designated Representative for Nickel Financial Consulting Inc. (WLG) The Wealthy Edge® is a registered trademark of WLG.
Marvin provides a number of financial services to individuals, families and businesses. Please ensure you have an understanding as to which entity below is being represented.
Sentinel Financial Management Corp.
Marvin is registered as a Investment Representative in the provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Through Sentinel Financial Management Corp., Marvin offers a wide array of private debt and equity offerings. Marvin also offers money management services through carefully selected portfolio management firms by way of a Relationship Referral Agreement.
Nickel Financial Consulting Inc.
As a Designated Representative for Nickel Financial Consulting, Marvin offers retirement, goals-based, investment and insurance planning. Marvin is also licensed in the provinces of British Columbia and Alberta as a Life/A&S agent and offers numerous insurance related products including annuities, guaranteed investment accounts, segregated funds, life, disability, and critical illness insurance through various insurers. Marvin also offers money management services by way of Relationship Referral Agreements. Additional business activities include Health Spending Accounts for Corporations, Mortgage Referrals with Manulife Bank and SmartCap Mortgage and Guaranteed Investment Certificates offered by 32 financial institutions through GIC Direct. The WLG is marketed using The Wealthy Edge® and Nickel Financial Consulting trade names.
Use of Website
The communication is published by Nickel Financial Consulting. Any commentaries and information contained in this communication are provided as a general source of information and should not be considered personal investment advice. Information on this website is not intended to provide legal, accounting, investment or tax advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. Past performance is not an indicator of future returns and references to performance on this site are provided as historical benchmarks only. You are responsible for ensuring that you are appropriately informed about any securities, taxation or other legislation or law that could affect your investment decisions.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. • From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Nickel Financial Consulting Inc – Sentinel Financial Management Corp. takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Canada.
The communication in the website is for information purposes only and is not, and under no circumstances to be construed as an invitation to make an investment in any securities, nor does it constitute a public offering to sell securities, or any other products described herein.
Cash Distribution Funds
Unless duly noted, payment of distributions and distribution breakdown is not guaranteed and may fluctuate. The payment of distributions should not be confused with a fund’s performance, rate of return, or yield*. If distributions paid by the fund are greater than the performance of the fund, then your original investment will shrink. Distributions paid as a result of capital gains realized by a fund and income and dividends earned by a fund are taxable in your hands in the year they are paid. Your adjusted cost base will be reduced by the amount of any returns of capital. If your adjusted cost base goes below zero, then you will have to pay capital gains tax on the amount below zero.
Exempt Market Issuers
The exempt market products described on this website are issued and offered only by their respective issuers pursuant to an information statement or similar offering document. The information statements and other documents pertaining to products that are contained on this website are produced by the issuer of such products and not by Sentinel Financial Management Corp. Sentinel Financial Management Corp. has taken no steps to independently verify, and expressly disclaims any liability for, any information contained in such information statements and other documents.
Portfolio Manager Commentaries: Videos/ Newsletters/ Blogs/ Fund Commentaries
Nothing in any commentary should be considered a recommendation to buy or sell a particular security. Any specific securities discussed are intended as an illustration of the portfolio manager’s security selection process. The portfolio manager may sell these securities at any time, or purchase securities that have previously been sold. The securities may increase or decrease in value after the date hereof, and the portfolio may accordingly gain or lose money on the investment in the securities. The statements by the portfolio managers in their commentaries are intended to illustrate their approach in managing the funds, do not necessarily reflect the views of Sentinel Financial Management Corp. or Marvin Nickel and should not be relied upon for any other purpose. Any statement contained in a commentary that pertains to the future presents the portfolio manager’s current view regarding future events and is included for the purpose of illustrating the portfolio manager’s investment strategy, current beliefs and positioning of the portfolio. Actual future events may differ from these views. Neither Sentinel Financial Management Corp., Marvin Nickel nor the portfolio manager undertakes any obligation to update this information.
The securities described on this website may legally be sold in Canada. None of the securities described on this website have been registered or qualified for sale under the laws of any foreign jurisdiction and in particular, such securities have not been registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933. This site should not be considered an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy securities to any United States Person (as defined for the purposes of the United States Securities Act of 1933) or in any other jurisdiction in which such an offer or solicitation is unlawful. Financial products described on this website will not be sold to any person residing outside Canada unless such sales are permitted under the law of their jurisdiction. Any investor or prospective investor should contact his or her legal or financial advisor for further details.
The information contained in this website may include estimates, projections and other "forward-looking statements", which are generally expressed in the future tense, or using words such as "expect", "anticipate", "believe" or "may", whether or not they are expressly identified as forward-looking statements. Any such statements pertaining to our investment products were based on assumptions that we believed to be reasonable at the time, but which may prove to be incorrect. As a result, any forward-looking statements may prove to be incorrect and actual performance may differ materially from that predicted in any forward-looking statements. Sentinel Financial Management Corp. and Marvin Nickel assume no obligation to update forward-looking statements.